You may have heard that I’m running a marathon on February 22nd! I’m ready to run and here’s why: it’s my hope to raise $26,000 for the 26.2 miles in order to invest in the exciting work God is doing through NYCUP.
We at NYCUP believe that God created us to flourish, work, rule and create. In Genesis 1 & 2 God made order out of chaos and by His grace and love created us in His image to do the same. We were intended to be stewards of all that we have been given, not just consumers of stuff and each other. That's why InterVarsity NYCUP is launching the We LoGOFF Movement!
LoGOFF stands for Local, Green, Organic, Fair and Free. Wanna know more? Click here.
LoGOFF is what Facebook, Yelp, Seamless, Tumblr and Google Maps would be if they were focused on informing and equipping users to participate in redemptive justice.
· Like Facebook, building online and offline communities through sharing photos, videos, events and engaging content.
· Like Yelp, an easy to use, searchable database of curated products, goods and services.
· Like Seamless, facilitate the purchase of goods and services from vendors
· Like Tumblr, share expert contributor and popular user generated content.
· And like Google Maps, an accessible, up-to-date map of people, products/businesses and events where users can search, rate, and purchase products and services; and connect with users online and offline via events and opportunities to serve, becoming "neighbors" much like friends on Facebook.
Our platform will guide “Neighbors” through 4 ways of personal, relational and systemic engagement. They are Prayer, Partnership, Purchasing and Policy.
Over the next 26.2 days, you’ll see what we're doing, why we're doing it and who is already on board! And of course you'll have the opportunity to help us reach our goals!