On Holy Saturday, we will walk in silent, prayerful resistance from Calvary Baptist to Columbus Circle. Without words, we pray circles over our city and over this country using this Prayer Guide that guides our #PrayerfulResistance. RSVP HERE!
Once gathered, we will sing 5 verses of Amazing Grace. After our song, we will pray the Lord's Prayer together. If English is not your native language, please pray in your native tongue! We serve a Global God.
After prayer, every person gathered will pray the Franciscan Benediction on our prayer card over at least one other person and receive that same blessings from another attendee.
After we pray, we invite you to picnic in the park or travel to a nearby restaurant to share a meal with those you came with. We DO NOT have a space reserved in the park but invite you to go with a small group to continue to pray and encourage one another. If you didn't come with a group, ask others to join you for a meal!
So what do you need to know before our #JerichoWalk?
- RSVP HERE for the #JerichoWalk
- Join us for prayer on Tuesdays at Calvary Baptist!
- Bring a friend to our Friday workshops on Covenant Community and start one!
- Fast and Pray on Fridays during Lent!
- Come to our workshops on sustainable activism on Saturdays during Lent!
What do you need to know for the #JerichoWalk?
- RSVP HERE!
- Print out your prayer cards and lyrics to Amazing Grace.
- Find at least 1 other person to join you in walking, worship, and prayer via our Facebook invitation and #JerichoWalk.
- Pack lunch for yourself and little bit extra to share with friends afterwards in the park.
- More details to come
- Follow #JerichoWalk for updates on social media.
- All interviews and media requests, please refer them to firstname.lastname@example.org and Jonathan Walton.
Jesus came to tear down the dividing walls of hostility that might be reconciled to God, one another, the planet and ourselves. In obedience to our call to be prayerful peacemakers committed to the ministry of reconciliation we will pray, worship and act to reflect His kingdom in our corner of the world.
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out.